Genetics Maven provides support throughout the genetic testing process to help answer your questions and relieve anxiety.
OUr web-based platform allows our experts to connect with you at your convenience through a video conference or a phone call.
METIS GENETICS PROVIDES
- HIPAA-compliant processes to protect your privacy and security
- Confidence in knowing what your test results mean to both you and your family
- Reduced anxiety and the support you need
- Both day and evening appointments Monday - Saturday
- Educational videos and resources for common genetic tests
- Counseling sessions by ABGC-board certified genetic counselors with an average of seven years of clinical experience
- Access to genetic counseling expertise through our web-based portal (video conference) or a phone call
Sessions focused on key decision points of the genetic testing process to provide you continual support
Explaining what a genetic test is meant to do as well as it's limitations, pre-test counseling sets the stage for the genetic testing process and helps set your expectations appropriately. Genetics Maven's educational videos and genetic counselors discuss the possible test results and help you determine if testing is the right decision for you with consideration of your personal medical history and your family medical history.
Sessions range from 30-minutes to one hour based upon genetic test.
TEST RESULTS COUNSELING
Genetic test results can be complex and may use unfamiliar language. After your test results are returned, genetic counseling can help explain what your specific results mean to you and your family. The inheritance pattern and chances of other family members having found variants may be discussed. Test results counseling can also identify the next steps and help you decide between potential options (as appropriate).
Sessions range from 30-minutes to one hour, but may be longer based upon the test results.